Competitive TeamSk8 members and skaters interested in taking RSA proficiency tests develop their skills with private lesson training combined with a mix of controlled practices and workshops. Most private lesson skaters become club members at their home rink to get access to the practice time needed to use lesson information, build skating skills and network with teammates. They may also use our team workshops to supplement their efforts in a specifically focused group environment.
Private (1 skater) and semi-private (2-4 skaters of similar age and skill) inline or quad skating lessons are available for individuals and club members by appointment only.
- $40.00 per hour
- $20.00 per half hour
- $10.00 per quarter hour (1 skater only)
Group workshops for dance, figures, freestyle or creative skating will include skaters of similar ages and/or skills. These one hour drop in inline or quad skating sessions are available for advanced class members or team/club members with permission only.
- $5.00 club/team member drop-in per session
- $10.00 advanced class member drop-in per session
Precision/Show Team Training
Group training for precision and show skating includes skaters of similar ages and/or skills who are preparing skils and eventually choreography for entertainment or competitive events. These one hour skating sessions are available for committed advanced class members or team/club members by tryout only. Participants who are not prepared to skate through the entire season can only participate as an alternate.
- No charge for private lesson club/team members
- $10.00 advanced class member/alternate drop-in per session
- $40.00 club/team members skating on team only per month
Figure, dance, creative and freestyle supervised club practice is available for all test, competitive and show skating members. Additional floor fees will apply for visitors and non-members.
Monthly membership fee includes access to practice time during scheduled private lesson club time and floor access as a helper or for practice during any Star Program Learn 2 Sk8 Class. Admission to most public skating sessions is also included at Rollerama 2 and Rollhaven.
- $50.00 per skater at Skatin’ Station 2
- $40.00 per skater at Rollerama 2
- $40.00 per skater at Bonaventure
- $35.00 per skater/$25 per additional family member at Rollhaven
In addition to participation in our Spring Exhibitions parades and other events, club members have the option of participating in USA Roller Sports inline and quad figure skating activities including local City League Meets, Michigan Tour Competitions, Invitational Skating Events and Regional Qualifying Championships. Those who qualify will advance to National Competition.
Event Coaching Fees
Competitive activities will usually be subject to entry fees and also have these additional coaching fees depending on the event level and location.
- League Meets – $10.00
- Local Competitions – $10.00 + $5.00 per additional event
- Regional Competitions – $30.00 + $10.00 per additional event
- Invitational Competitions – $50.00 + $20.00 per additional event
- National Competitions – $70.00 + $20.00 per additional event
- International Competitions – $500.00 + $50.00 per additional event
There are no coaching fees for parades, shows and other public exhibition activities.